CURENTLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT: HORIZON QCMS 4.0!
We are going to bring horizon to the next level of flexibility:
- PHP support in existing articles.
- Each article can have a different template.
- You can now create a member's only page
- You can add age restrictions for each article
- * MySQLi support *
Why are we working on a new database MySQLi class for Horizon? This is due to the fact that the old MYSQL extension is deprecated in PHP 5.5 and will be removed in the future. I don't know exactly why this decision was made, but I think that this has to do with OOP. Using MYSQLi will force the programmer to work with objects. Horizon is already Object Orientated and changing the database class won't be much of a problem.
- Visitors can now become a member of your site via Horizon QCMS 4.0
- Visitors can have their own page to publish their stories
Site management tools:
- You can now select a main page that can become the member page where visitors can have their own page.
- The site administrator can block users.
This and more will be available for Horizon QCMS 4.0.
P.s. the community tools will be optional.
* If you previously installed Horzion 3.5.1 then you need to download the security patch
to upgrade to version 3.5.2 *
You can download the security patch on sourceforge.net at https://sourceforge.net/projects/hnqcms/files/patches/
About the security patch
* security patch *
Copy all the files to the root directory where you have installed Horizon QCMS. Then you have to login and after the login you can go to setup/upgrade_horizon.php to upgrade the database.
You can now download Horizon 3.5.2
- Facebook Plugin.
- Google Analytics.
- JQuery News page widgets.
- JQuery Simple Charts.
- Improved support for the Internet Explorer.
- PDF generator.
- CRM module.
- Magic Quotes support.
- A plug-in installer.
- JQuery Moving boxes support.
- A realtime version check to see if you have the latest version.
- Facebook plug-in support for Simple Gallery.
The dropdown menu is improved
The database framework is improved for better performances
The redirect function in the QCMS framework is improved
The help function will now redirect you to our Wiki manual
You will also find new html templates in the themes directory that you can use for your website.
Click here if you want to download Horizon QCMS 3.5.2
- Horizon QCMS 3.5.2 supports real-time version check
- You can upgrade from 3.4 to 3.5.2 via setup/horizon_upgrade.php after
you have downloaded version 3.5.2 from source forge.
- Horizon has a form builder.
- Horzion 3.5.2. has a PDF generator.
- No more need for the QCMS control panel tag.
If you're upgrading from a previous version, then you will need to remove the control panel tag from your html web templates that you can find in the themes' directory.
- If you use the FormBuilder and a visitor is using your web form, then the information will be sent to you by email, and the information will be stored in the MySQL database so that you can assess it with the CRM module.